Monday, October 14, 2013

Cultural Diversity Day

Every year I am lucky to perform a dance at the University of Iowa Cultural Diversity Day. I have been learning Indian classical dance ever since I was a young child. This year for the performance, I learned a brand new dance and was extremely excited to perform. After getting ready for two hours, when I reached Iowa City, the park was filled with stalls and people all from different cultures. Everyone was wearing their native clothing, selling their home made crafts, and selling their delicious food. It was like heaven for an anthropologist. Different cultural performers, like a Filipino group, Tai Chi group, and obviously an Indian group performed their native dances and songs. It was just a wonderful cultural experience that was eye opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment