Saturday, February 8, 2014

Winter Olympics...2014!!!

The Winter Olympics have now started. Sochi 2014 everyone!! This year, if you did not know, it is taking place in Russia. This country has such a rich history and culture, but can be very unsafe for travelers. If you would like to visit, just be extremely cautious. That is not what I want to talk about though. I feel that the Winter Olympics are always neglected. I feel that the Summer Olympics, I find more people hyped and always tuned in. This may be because people are on vacation and have time to watch the events. Right now, all the kids are in school, and we do not have as much time to watch the events take place, which makes me feel bad. I would love to watch some of the events. I definitely do not find the Winter Olympics as exciting as the summer ones, but come on watch it. The Olympics creates this strong sense of nationalism in the country and no matter where you are, you want your country to do the best. It is amazing to see everyone come together in a country and support these athletes. It shows how beautiful our country is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment