Saturday, April 26, 2014

Volcano! Mud Volcano?

Everyone knows what a volcano is, a mountainous object that erupts hot lava, which can destroy lives. However, have you heard of a mud volcano? I think not.

El Totumo, is a mud volcano that is located in the South American country of Colombia. It is believed that a priest once sprinkled holy water on the crater, which caused the lava to turn into a warm, gooey mud. The volcano is 50 feet high and is easy to climb. There is a staircase that makes it even easier. Many people climb up it to jump inside the crater and relax. Another bonus point is that they even give you massages there.

This adventure is great for a day time getaway. It is relaxing and even beneficial for you. This mud is dense enough, that humans can float in it. The mud is believed to have skin-renewing substances. It is a good way to cleanse the skin. Though it may get stuck in the crevices of your body, it will leave your skin feeling as smooth as that of a baby’s. There is also no time limit on this relaxation method. When you are ready to leave, there is a lagoon nearby to clean yourself off.

The reason that I am telling you of this place, is one you should definitely go there, I want to go there, but that is not the only reason. There is so much that this world has to offer. When we hear the word volcano, we think scary mountainous objects that pour hot lava into the air, destroying houses and civilization nearby. Never do we think, oh that’s a place to go relax in the mud. The world is so big. There is so much to see. There is so much to do. It is important to expand out of your horizons and go to these places. People ask me, “Why do you want to leave Iowa?” There is a simple explanation for that; I just want to see the world. For 17 years of my life, I have lived in one place. I have traveled to other areas of the world, but I have never gotten to live there or actually explore, and that is what I want to do. So, there is your answer, I do not want to stay here, because there is so much to see and do. Yes, maybe I will move back sometime when the time is right, but for now, the time is right to go explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment